Under the leadership of the new Rehab Board, the organisation has undertaken a significant strategic review and comprehensive consultation process with the people we support, their families, our team and our founders in Ireland and the UK.
The result is a new five-year strategic plan, and a new vision, mission and values and set of strategic goals that reflect the views of all stakeholders and give clear direction for Rehab’s future as a sustainable, transparent organisation, which strives for excellence.
Helping the people we serve to be more independent; helping them to contribute to and be more included in their communities; empowering them with the skills and confidence to be active in the workforce; and supporting them to be in charge of their health and wellness.
We are a charity that champions the value of diversity and inclusion for people with a disability or disadvantage, in their communities. Together, we will constantly learn and seek to provide excellent services to foster and enhance social and economic independence.
Our values underpin all we do, shape who we are and how we work with one another, in our organisation and in the community:
- Advocacy: Challenge exclusion and promote inclusion
- Quality: Strive for excellence in all aspects of our work
- Dignity: Respect the unique worth of every person (that includes people who access our services, families, employees and volunteers)
- Justice: Act with integrity, honesty, commitment and accountability in everything we do to ensure equity, fairness and transparency
- Team Work: Foster an environment that encourages change, growth, trust in our organisation and in partnership with others, working together as one Rehab team