Here's how we can support you and your students in taking their next step...
Our network of 50 colleges across Ireland offers a welcoming and empathetic environment for students who may not want to, or be equipped to, access traditional post-school pathways.
The colleges offer QQI-accredited courses to students at a mix of levels. Many colleges also offer European Computer Driving Licence qualifications and City & Guilds courses.
The majority of courses are split between relevant practical experience gained in meaningful work placement and classroom-based learning.
Our student body is made up of people aged from 16 to 65 who have an ASD diagnosis, a mental or physical health issue, or who have suffered a setback in their education.
Our courses are designed to help build student’s confidence, knowledge, assertiveness,and to give them independent living skills.
Most of our students go on to further education or employment after studying with us.
NLN may suit the students you work with because we offer:
- Continuous enrolment (students can start any time)
- Small class sizes
- Personalised learning
- Free courses – all courses are funded by the HSE or the local ETB
- Students keep any social welfare payments they are entitled to
- Person-centred approach where every course is tailored to the student’s needs and delivered at their pace
- On-site psychologist support student’s wellbeing and learning goals
- Course sampling – many students try a course out before committing, ensuring the best chance of them gaining the training they want
- Job-seeking skills – Vocational Training Courses include job-specific modules to help students learn skills such as CV writing and interview techniques
National Learning Network staff are available to visit your school to chat through what we can offer you and your students.
Alternatively, we hold many open days throughout the year, to which you and your students are welcome.
Please contact your nearest centre or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more or arrange a visit.